Cleaning Out Our Prayer Closet, What Should We Throw Away?
- Need to make more time to pray
- When we are the busiest, we need prayer the most
2. Neglect and Fear
3. Don't Know How to Pray
- There's no right way to pray
Need a Special Place
We need a special prayer closet to be able to retreat to!
When Do You Pray?
- Doesn't really matter
- The Bible says to pray without ceasing
We need to begin our prayer lives with sitting and realizing how much God loves us! Then our response is to worship him with prayer.
Great Aids to Prayer
1. Simple Prayers
- Ordinary people bringing ordinary concerns to a loving Father.
2. Breath Prayers
- God give me strength for this day...if we prayed this as a breath prayer, simple but strong and meaningful!
3. Meditative Prayers
4. Holy Readings
- You get a word or phrase from a scripture being read and then talk with God about what it means for you.
I'm going to end with a quote from Mother Theresa..."God is the friend of silence."