Friday, February 17, 2006

I've Been Tagged

I've been tagged by following the herd and found it got me thinking! Here's the deal: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so:

Pink Cupcake
Queen of West Procrastination
VanderMeander
following the herd
cindertales

Next select five people to tag:

I orginally did have people listed, but noticed on another site that this was just left open and have decided to do the same. If you want to take the challenge, feel free to do so!


What were you doing 10 years ago?

Ten years ago, I was 6 months away from becoming Mr. Cinder's wife...so was busy taking pre-marital classes, making wedding invitations and doing wedding planning. I was laid up in bed with mono...spent all of February and part of March in bed and a long time afterwards gaining my strength back.

What were you doing 1 year ago?

One year ago, I was enjoying doing life with God, Mr. Cinder, our kids and our friends and family. I was working as a Pastoral Admin. Assistant, was busy with various different ministry areas and was also busy taking kids to school, music lessons, beavers, etc. and dating Mr. Cinder and doing things with friends in what little spare time I had.

Five snacks you enjoy:

- Apples with Caramel Dipping Sauce
- Popcorn with butter and popcorn seasoning (especially Dill Pickle)
- Spinach Dip
- Celery and Carrot Sticks
- Anything chocolate

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:

- Arthur Fartie's Yodelling Party (Swirling Eddies)
- Shout to the Lord
- Lifesong (Casting Crowns)
- Hound Dog (Elvis)
- Amazing Grace


Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:(I'm giving my top 6)

- Give money to Northview
- Pay off our house and any debt we have
- Put money towards education for me to get either a two year bachelor of theology program or a pastoral degree and for my hubby to stay educated and current in his line of work
- Take my family overseas and do mission work
- Give money to help the churches in Sri Lanka
- Give money to our parents in return for all they've done for us

Five bad habits:

- Procrastination
- Lack of patience and a bit of a temper, especially with my family
- Tendency to be too inwardly focused
- Drowning my sorrows by eating tons of chocolate
- I am one of the worst housekeepers Mr. Cinder could have gotten

Five things you like doing: (I'm giving 6 again)

- Serving God and those around me
- Date nights with my hubby--cuddling on the couch by the fireplace, watching a really good movie
- Hugs and kisses from my family
- Tobogganning with my family
- Worship singing
- Reading & writing poetry and songs

Five things you would never wear again:

- Bikini
- My grad dress
- My black spandex pants from junior high
- Big hair
- Big glasses

Favourite toys:

- My guitar and piano
- My giant teddy bear I got when I was 3 months old
- Mickey Mouse record player
- Lite Brite
- Hungry, Hungry Hippos

4 comments:

Corry said...

I took the challenge, it's on my blog:-)

God's Grace.

audrey` said...

WOW!

You're still keeping your big teddy bear.
You're very good at looking after your belongings :)

How is your bronchitis?
I pray that you're feeling much better today.
Please take care.

Anonymous said...

you had bronchitis? i hope you're feeling better now.

i did this tag months ago. this is a good way to share who you are to others. nice to know you more, cinder.

God bless.

Cinder said...

I had bronchitis this summer...I'm hoping not to get it anytime again soon...that was the first time I'd had it and had a brutal time recovering from it...it was right smack in the middle of packing our house for the move and taking a vacation down to the states. I was commenting to Corry that I didn't know what was worse...the breathing test or the airplane ride a week later while I was still suffering the after affects of bronchitis which had not completely cleared up.

Audrey, I'm not always terrific at taking care of my belongings, but this teddy bear was huge, so we were more gentle with it. I'm now glad I did, as my uncle who gave it to me passed away last year, so it's a special reminder of who he was to me...right now it's still at my parents house, as we've moved a fair amount in the last four years, but once we are settled and can make room, I'm hoping to bring it here!