Thursday, December 28, 2006

Childlike Faith


At that time the disciples came to Jesus. They asked him, "Who is the most important person in the kingdom of heaven?"

Jesus called a little child over to him. He had the child stand among them. Jesus said, "What I'm about to tell you is true. You need to change and become like little children. If you don't, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Anyone who becomes as free of pride as this child is the most important in the kingdom of heaven. "

Anyone who welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.

"But what if someone leads one of these little ones who believe in me to sin? If he does, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and be drowned at the bottom of the sea.

~Matthew 18:1-6

2 comments:

Curious Servant said...

I've wondered if Jesus was referring to pedophiles. I suppose there were some back then as well.

Perhaps that is a bizarre thought... I usually think it's about leading people away from their faith, but I wonder...

I wanted to thank you for dropping by and commenting on the painting I did for my church last Sunday (Christmas Eve).

I also wanted to invite you to help yourself to the finished image (completed this afternoon).

If you can use it in anyway, please feel free.

Cinder said...

"I've wondered if Jesus was referring to pedophiles. I suppose there were some back then as well.

Perhaps that is a bizarre thought..."

I've never thought about it that way, but I don't think that's a bizarre thought at all. I took a parenting class and they referred to it in terms of parenting and making sure you never do anything to break your child's spirit.

Your painting was truly beautiful Will...your ability to paint and express for Him is truly blessed by His hand. It's very inspirational for me.

Thanks so much for the invitation to be able to use the finished image...I will be over to read the post...that you so much for for that!

Blessings to you and yours as we begin this last weekend before the New Year.