Friday, February 02, 2007

Blessings of Refuge

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear..."Be still, and know that I am God;"

~ Psalm 46:1-2(a), 10(a)


This verse was sent to me by a friend. Speaks huge amounts of truth and comfort! I find it interesting, how when you are battling something such as a really persistent illness, or whatever it might be in life, how huge it can become. The result for me of things becoming so huge...I become grumpy, tired, down, clouded in terms of my thinking and really, forget to rely on the one thing I should be...GOD and HIS WORD.

It's a definite blessing, that I have people who pass scripture and encouragement my way, during these times. It brings me back to reality, takes my mind off all that's happening and helps me to refocus. Huge blessings which, often times, seemingly get overlooked.

4 comments:

Gigi said...

Psalm 46:10 tatooed on my ankle...brings me more comfort than I knew when I got it...I just wanted a tatoo.....prayers

Anonymous said...

Such a blessing, both the verse and the love of the person who sent it to you.

**hugs**

audrey` said...

Please take very good care of yourself, Jay.
(((HUGS))) and much <3

Praying for you, dearest sister.

Cinder said...

bjk ~ I think that's an awesome tatoo to have...it brings me a lot of comfort too!

Jayleigh ~ Yeah, being loved by the people around you...being blessed just by walking life with everyone...most awesome of blessings!

((HUGS)), blessings and prayers to you!!

Audrey ~ I'm trying hard to take care of myself, but it seems to not be helping a lot right now, but I'll keep trying anyhow ;D!

((HUGS)) and much <3 to you too. I'm praying for you!