Monday, April 30, 2007

Mottos of Life

I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. "When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. "When you come looking for me, you'll find me. "Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed."
~Jeremiah 29:11-14(a)

It's no secret to anyone who reads this blog that this is my motto verse in life...for myself, our family, our marriage and life in general. I'm clinging SO very hard to this verse today. I've been blessed to volunteer for a position this past year. It's been an awesome experience that words won't ever adequately describe. There's been a lot of growth in my walk, my work experience and simply in me as a person. I attribute this volunteer position to a good portion of that...it's very humbling as I think where I was, where I am and where He'll continue to take me.

Another motto I live by in my life is this...that God would place job opportunities in my life that are such a blessing, that I would love them enough to do the job for free...with my whole heart and soul, giving it my all and letting Him shine through it all. Today, I am having an interview...to possibly be able to call this volunteer position my job. It's my first interview in 11 years...yes, I worked a job for two years in my old stomping grounds, but I didn't have a formal interview for it. So, yesterday and today have so far, been full of prayer and preparation.

"His will, not mine" is what my motto is today. That He'll formulate the words to answer questions posed to me. That His love will shine through me as I have this interview. That in the end, what He wants will transpire, and that it'll be accepted with a loving and humble heart, no matter what that reply might be.


5 comments:

Curious Servant said...

I know He has plans for me...

It makes it a lot easier.

Lorne Cornish said...

~Jeremiah 29:11-14(a)
Thank You! this has been a very encouraging verse for me today!

Cinder said...

Hi CS...it's so nice to have you drop by! Yes, He does have plans for us all, doesn't He and it definitely does make things a whole lot easier. Blessings and peace to you and yours throughout the remainder of this week.

Hi Lorne! I'm so glad that you were able to gain encouragement from this. We are praying for you and just know that He's got His hand firmly upon your family. Blessings and prayers to you as this week continues to progress!

audrey` said...

Hi Jay

How was the interview?
Take care.

(((HUGS)))

Cinder said...

Hi Audrey,

The interview went great...I was offered the job and accepted it. It doesn't feel a lot different, as I volunteered in this job for a while. It's just nice to be where He's leading.

(((HUGS))) to you today!