Wednesday, May 10, 2006

JC's My Sanity

I don't know what's really bringing this post on...I must be going through a phase where I need to post in two's. I read a post yesterday which quoted lyrics from Daniel Amos and was referred to as the band of choice for a lot of Christians when growing up. For some reason, it got me thinking about growing up and what Christian music I was able to be influenced by and I guess more importantly, what music I want my kids to have the opportunity to be influenced by...both Christian and non. I didn't get to experience a lot of Christian music until I was late in my teen years. But, I really attribute my vast music likings to what I was exposed to...were all the choices I made music-wise the best...probably not all the time, but they have colored me in the way that I don't listen to one specific group and even in a genre of music, I listen to all spectrums of it.

I have never heard Daniel Amos...I want to though. Daniel Amos wrote under many pen names...I was introduced to one of them in college...The Swirling Eddies. The Eddies have become my "destressing" music on many a day...they're kind of disco funkish, maybe not the typical music you'd pin me as listening to. They're one of my favorite groups, partly because their lyrics speak a lot and I really resonate with them a lot of days. I've got this song on CD and also in my MP3 player, so I can listen to it whenever I want...it's definitely one of my favorites for a various of reasons, which I'm not going to go into today.

This week's been a definite look for me at what's fueling my light and my life. It's been a real struggle...putting your family back into a normal cycle of life...this seems to happen everytime we have a houseful. Where am I turning to deal with the stress and battles with daily life? Looking in the mirror and knowing I'm doing okay, even though things don't seem it at times. Learning to look at these next words and realize that if I'm doing this and believing this, then all things will come to pass how they're supposed to...You got a hold on me, You are my sanity, I'm thinking endlessly about You. There are days when I feel I have so much left to learn about this walk with Christ. Because of this walk being newer to me than for others around me, I feel like I'm a child in comparison somedays. I don't know...I know it's a continual learning process, but I want to jump farther up the process than I am somedays...I want to be more grown up in my Christian walk then I am.

I guess I need to just learn to be still and know that I am where I am for a reason and my walk will grow in His timing and His way! To try and find time to be with Him and listen for His guidance...for a mom of three kids, this doesn't come easy a lot of days...JC, I know You are my sanity...I know You're always here, even though I can't always feel you there...I really need Your strength to get through today...I really need to meet with You today in a strong way!


I've Got An Idea
from the album "Let's Spin!"
Words and Music by Camarillo Eddy?
1988 Broken Songs

There's a light inside of me,
once burned a little low
I believe it is a lot brighter now
a fire in the hole

Deep thoughts don't occur to me
I'm not famous for my brain
But a log just dropped on my destiny
and love has fanned the flame

(Chorus)
I've got an idea
(I think I love you)
I've got an idea
(I think I really do)
Do you want to hear my idea?
(I've been thinkin' of you)
and I'm thinkin' that my big idea
is your idea too

When I find the words to say
You beat me to the punch
I wanna say -- oh, never mind. . .
I always talk too much!

But it seems to me that long ago
I knew you were the One
They call that metaphysical
I guess I'm not that dumb, cos'

You got a hold on me
You are my sanity
I'm thinkin' endlessly
about you

(Chorus)
What I've got I can't believe it
What I heed you read my mind
What you got now I can see it
What you got it sure is fine
The light is on and someone's home
Take the elevator to the top
Don't take a genius, just a little soul
Now what ideas I got
I got an idea (x4)
Yeah I got an idea
I think I love you (yeah) (x5)
I think I love you
I gotta, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta idea

Psalm 37:3-5a,7a,37a(NIRV)
3Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live in the land and enjoy its food. 4Find your delight in the Lord. Then he will give you everything your heart really wants. 5Commit your life to the Lord. 7Be still. Be patient. Wait for the Lord to act.34Wait for the Lord to act. Live as he wants you to.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are where we are for a reason. so true.

Cinder said...

Pia ~ Hi there girl...thanks for stopping by!

"We are where we are for a reason"...this is so true, but sometimes so hard to accept...for me at least.

God bless you :D

audrey` said...

I agree with both of you.
God bless both of you :)