Friday, July 14, 2006

In "Other" Words...

Well, here is the latest quote from Christian Women Online...I'm loving this, as these quotes so far have hit so close to home, it's uncanny! I'm going away for the next little while, to enjoy time with God, my family, my friends and hopefully to spend some time with myself. So this will be going up early again this week...I hope all is well with your families...we'll talk to you soon. Blessings to you and yours!



"When life whacks you so hard your head flies off, sew it back on and keep going."

~ Mary Pierce ~


I've felt like this so many times...you know those times when it feels like you've been punched and knocked down and while you are down on the ground, you get punched yet again! You don't have a chance to catch your breath before it's knocked out of you. So for me, this quote gives a whole new meaning to this and I can relate to both parts of it.

Really, for me this quote goes hand in hand with the post below this one! When I'm feeling like I've been hit so hard by life, it might knock me down, but I'm now learning to get back up, brush myself off and continue on. As I come out of those times, I usually come out stronger than what I went into them. They "test" me and show what I'm truly made of, where my drive comes from, where my feet are planted and Whom will help me to get back up and keep on going.

I'm very grateful for those "tests" and "spiritual attacks" when they come. Even though they are sometimes very hard to endure, they strengthen my faith and bring me ever closer to my Heavenly Father. I am who I am, because of those times when it feels my head's fallen off as a result of being hit so hard. I am who I am, because of how I've handled myself in those situations and because I'm learning to "sew it back on and keep going".

"You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world."
1 John 4:4 ~ NIV)








3 comments:

dwg said...

cool new blog look! like it.

audrey` said...

How are you, Cinder?
Take care :)

Cinder said...

Christopher ~ Thanks...I wanted a change and am also preparing to hopefully launch a blog this fall, journalling my experiences during the time in Sri Lanka.

Blessings to you!

Audrey ~ I hope you are doing good and summer's been treating you well! I'm doing good...we were off at Camp for a week and spent some time as a family and also enjoyed the company of many friends, most importantly - GOD!

I'm back for a while and then will be off again...talk to you soon...God bless ;D !