Wednesday, November 22, 2006

One Thousand Gifts




I was looking around at Christian Women's Online and came across Ann Voskamp's article about how she is embarking on a journey to create a list of a thousand gifts the Lord has given her and is posting random thoughts from the list at Holy Experience.

She's encouraging people to also do a list and realize and tune in to God, His love and the countless things He's place in our lives...a lot of which are taken for granted. So begins the journey for me with this...there is no numerical order to the thousand and it will be an ongoing project, but one I pray will be one towards gaining strength, peace and endurance for all that's ahead.

1. The eternal love of my Heavenly Father.
2. The warm embrace of my sweetie and kids.
3. Smell of freshly baking bread.
4. Feeding baby geese in the springtime.
5. Crisp fall air at the lake.
6. Cuddling in front of the fireplace.
7. The aroma of vanilla and wildberry candles.
8. God's presence in all aspects of life.
9. Music
10. Chocolate
11. Eskimo kisses
12. Innocence of children's minds

1 comment:

audrey` said...

How about special friends?
HeHe!

Innocent laughter from the kids.
Pure love from the youths in our lives =)

HaHa!
One day I might do this on my blog too.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow...