Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Hope

As I woke up this morning, praying for a friend and their family, I was trying to wrap my mind around why things happen. This friend's family had been through so much the past few years and I humanly woke up hoping that the news I'd been given the night before, had just been a terrible dream...wishing that I could somehow take the place of the person gone, so as to spare this family anymore grief.

This quote came to my eyes as I quietly sat in prayer (that's truly a praise, as until last night, I wasn't praying verbally and now am...even though I wish it had begun under different circumstances, I will now be there lifting them up).

"Dum spiro, spero." ("While I breathe, I hope.")

I'm still processing these few words, and patiently allowing myself, to get exactly what I'm supposed to from them. The following words were typed by this friend and when I put the two together, they begin to make a lot of sense.

"God is good. God is just. God is Holy. He will do the right thing because he is God."

We need to treat each breathe as a precious gift from God. We don't how many we have and therefore need to embrace and cherish them. Because of God's eternal love, grace and sacrifice...because He's good, just and holy...we need to rest in and take great hope in that.


Through the heartfelt mercies of our God,
God's Sunrise will break in upon us,
Shining on those in the darkness,
those sitting in the shadow of death,
Then showing us the way, one foot at a time,
down the path of peace.
(Luke 1:78-79)

3 comments:

Curious Servant said...

I haven't anything to add. I just wanted you to know that I was here, i read, I prayed.

God bless.

Anonymous said...

with all the new i've been getting from some of my blogger friends, i know exactly what you mean. i'm here praying for them, for all of them.

audrey` said...

Amen!

This post is so encouraging.
Thank you, Cinder =)