Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Some Food Feeding Me Today...

"The God who made the world and everything in it, this Master of sky and land, doesn't live in custom-made shrines or need the human race to run errands for him, as if he couldn't take care of himself. He makes the creatures; the creatures don't make him. Starting from scratch, he made the entire human race and made the earth hospitable, with plenty of time and space for living so we could seek after God, and not just grope around in the dark but actually find him. He doesn't play hide-and-seek with us. He's not remote; he's near. We live and move in him, can't get away from him! One of your poets said it well: 'We're the God-created.' Well, if we are the God-created, it doesn't make a lot of sense to think we could hire a sculptor to chisel a god out of stone for us, does it? (Acts 17:26-28, MSG)


"So let's do it—full of belief, confident that we're presentable inside and out. Let's keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word. Let's see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching."
(Hebrews 10:24-25, MSG)


"Take this most seriously: A yes on earth is yes in heaven; a no on earth is no in heaven. What you say to one another is eternal. I mean this. When two of you get together on anything at all on earth and make a prayer of it, my Father in heaven goes into action. And when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I'll be there."
( Matthew 18:19-20, MSG)


You can give without loving, But you cannot love without giving.
~ Amy Carmichael

2 comments:

Gigi said...

I love this quote.....it really speaks....my husband and I have been bantering around 'got to' and 'get to'...it's like when it finally breaks or you're convinced that I don't 'got to' do this or that or serve here or there or spend time with God in the mornings, when I start somehow thinking I 'get to' do that and we're not quite sure when THAT transition happened but when it does....I think it's connected to love somehow....His love...I don't know I guess I should have just said I liked the quote...

Cinder said...

Yeah...that quote really spoke to me on various levels.

Hey, your comment makes perfect sense to me, so don't ever apologize for anything you feel led to bring here. The comments I receive a lot of days are very encouraging and they often cause me to really think hard about things, so that's a good thing.