Friday, August 03, 2007

My Reading Log



These are two of my must reads before the summer is over, along with some pretty good fiction reads from Francine Rivers and Lori Wick. Then for the fall, I would like to read some C.S. Lewis and whatever else might fall at my feet.

I made a very interesting observation before I left on holidays. I couldn't remember the last time I read an entire book, let alone even allowed myself a little time to read. Another observation was that it wasn't all because of lack of time, but that I couldn't hold my concentration at all when reading. This was an extremely hard observation to make, as reading is one of my staples, right along with listening to music and writing. It helps to ground me, grow me and take me away from everything for a brief reprieve.

So, one of the decisions I made as we left for holidays, was that I would deliberately make time for me to read, write, listen music and also to simply just be quiet. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I know that this might be the key to take a lot away and make me a better woman to my family and friends.

Just one of many observations and promptings experienced throughout the past while.

1 comment:

audrey` said...

Dearest Jay
We share the same likings... reading, music =)
I love eating too.
HaHa!