Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Carrying Arms...

He Will Carry Me
(Mark Schultz)

I call, You hear me
I’ve lost it all
And it’s more than I can bear
I feel so empty

You’re strong
I’m weary
I’m holdin’ on
But I feel like givin’ in
But still You’re with me

chorus:
And even though I’m walkin’ through
The valley of the shadow
I will hold tight to the hand of Him
Whose love will comfort me
And when all hope is gone
And I’ve been wounded in the battle
He is all the strength that I will
Ever need
And He will carry me

I know I’m broken
But You alone
Can mend this heart of mine
You’re always with me

chorus

And even though I feel so lonely
Like I’ve never been before
You never said it would be easy
But You said you’d see me through
The storm

chorus

This song has been playing the last couple of days in my van, at some point during my trek. I've been digging deep the past while. Looking towards Him and trying hard to see the many blessings through the storm(s). Funny how storms come in a variety of forms. For our house it's seemed like endless illness or pesky childhood bugs and also through simply the busyness of life and constant demands that simply come from all the different aspects of life.

A lot of prayers have been lifted up from my mouth, to simply give me strength to endure what's ahead. To be a beacon of light in whatever situation arises. And for it to be all Him and not me.

He didn't ever promise this life would be easy. If anything, The Word tells that it won't be easy, especially when you stand up and proclaim Him as your Saviour.

But He did sacrifice His life for us. And He will stand by us through the storms, through the life decisions we make and even when we are alone, we are never really alone, because He's always there, ready to carry someone when they feel they can't take another step.


"If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says God, "I'll get you out of any trouble. I'll give you the best of care if you'll only get to know and trust me. Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times; I'll rescue you, then throw you a party. I'll give you a long life, give you a long drink of salvation!"

~ Psalm 91.14-16

1 comment:

Corry said...

(((HUGS))) dear sister.
I will remember you and yours in my prayers.
I so hope all your illnesses and trials will pass soon and many blessings will come your way.

God's Grace.